Sunday, June 10, 2012

Restaurant Review: Garlic Jim's Famous Gourmet Pizza


Jason here, One of the first things we did after we moved to Bellevue was order some pizza. Our apartment basically had 0 food items in it, and none of our cook wear had even arrived yet. We checked for local gluten free pizza places and Garlic Jim’s ( you can visit their website here) was the first to come up. It was actually only the second gluten free pizza I’ve had, since I only found I was celiac about 6 months ago. We ordered one large pepperoni pizza, a side of hot wings, and a 2 liter of coke.

The pizza was delicious. Pizza is one of the foods I have really missed since I became Celiac and wondered what the crust would be like.  Garlic Jim’s pizza crust was similar to another gluten free pizza I have tried in the past. It was thin, crispy and had a hint of corn bread. My favorite type of pizza crust has always been thin and crispy, so I loved it. The cheese and pepperoni was pretty standard, but delicious as well. In fact, it may have been the second best pizza I have ever had. (The best was a tiny little pizza shop I used to frequent in Pittsford, NY named Pontillo’s).  The wings were pretty lack luster. They had very little sauce, and were not spicy enough. I would label the spiciness mild at best. All in all. The pizza was absolutely fabulous, but the wings I would never order again. Although a little pricey, we will definitely order from them again for all our pizza delivery needs.

Kayleigh here, since I just wanted to comment on how helpful the staff was. He double checked on all the menu items we ordered, including the salad dressing to make sure it was okay. They really went above and beyond to make sure the order was all okay, and we both appreciate them for that! Okay, and the pizza was really delicious, too. A nice spice to the sauce, and a wonderfully crispy crust. It even heated up excellently the next day, when we needed another quick dinner!

If there's anything else you guys miss ordering out, they've got an extremely thorough allergens list here, and I'm sure they'd be glad to double check if you really wanted to make sure. I'm sure we'll be calling again soon, next time we need something simple and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment