Thursday, March 12, 2015

McMenamin's Six Arms Bar Review



After some searching, Kayleigh found McMenamin's Six Arms bar. It’s close to the Paramount and by extension the bus depot. Of course this means it is also close by the convention center, which is going to be super convenient if we head back to Emerald City Comic Con, or PAX this year.     

Rumor was they had simply amazing tater tots. I was also informed they had gluten free wings, although they were Hogshad-habanero sauce and not buffalo. To start us off I ordered some Cajun tater tots with ranch, and for my meal I of course ordered the wings.

To be blunt, the wings were simply not good. They tasted overcooked which made the chicken a bit tough, and the flavor cooked out. Enough said.

The tater tots however, were one of the single best appetizers I have ever had. If I could do my meal over again, I would just order 2 orders of tater tots and gorge myself on their super crunch shell, and fluffy insides. If they were shaped differently, I would consider them the perfect hash browns. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. If you even remotely like hashbrowns, tater tots, French fries, or any other potato based foot item you must absolutely try McMenamin’s tater tots. I only tried the Cajun, but next time I’ll mix it up.

Kayleigh here. I'll go ahead and second the tater tots- perfectly crispy, heavily seasoned, and addictive with that ranch dip!

I know it's a bit odd to walk into a brewpub and expect gluten free fare, but it's incredibly useful for Seattleites to have somewhere to go when out-of-towners come to visit and ask about the fabulous Pacific Northwest craft brew scene. Now that I fear for the life of my old standby, I think we'll be hitting up a few more bars in the near future- stay tuned for more reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment