Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chipotle Review

Jason here. If you are gluten intolerant, you know it is hard to find a fast food restaurant to eat at. Perhaps you know a fast restaurant or special take out place near you, but that never helps when you travel. When it comes to finding national chains, you won’t find much. However one restaurant, Chipotle, has become our good to fast food place.

One makes me feel comfortable eating here is Chipotle’s official allergen menu, available right on their website. The only item on the menu which has gluten is the flour tortillas. This means I never have to second guess myself when remembering the allergen menu. As long as you stay away from a flour tortilla, you are good to go. In addition this really helps keep the menu diverse, so anyone can find something they will love.

I almost always order a bowl with a side of nachos. I’ve found I can pile items into the bowl, and it makes a great dip for the nacho chips. Personally, I usually go with steak, lettuce, the shredded cheese, rice, black beans, and the tomatillo-red chili salsa. I really enjoy the nachos. There is just something special about freshly fried chips. Occasionally, I will mix it up and order a hard-shell taco as well, with effectively the same ingredients. Ultimately, it’s not really about what specific item I ordered though, but the experience as a whole. The menu is fairly diverse, so as long as you like Mexican-style food you will find something at Chipotle.

While initially the price may seem high when it comes to check out, but I tend to get two meals out of a single order. It heats up fairly well, so I like to take my leftovers into work for lunches.

In addition to the good food, Chipotle always seems to have clean restaurants, with friendly staff. The one near our house can get a bit busy, but there is a quiet downstairs for when we want to sit and eat in. It helps a lot to have an upscale fast food restaurant to go wherever I might travel in the country.

Kayleigh here. I often opt for the salad myself, since the lettuce adds a nice freshness, and the extra toppings can be loaded off onto the tortilla chips. In the past, I would just throw any or all of the veggies offered onto it, but more recently they have added a delicious tofu sofrita option for vegetarians/vegans- it is amazing how much flavor that side has just on its own! And if you don't mind paying a bit extra, grabbing a cup of guacamole for any leftover chips is never a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment