Friday, February 15, 2013

Romio's Pizza and Pasta Review



Jason here. A little while ago now we had some family up for the week. This was a great opportunity to go out and eat at some fun restaurants. The third place we went to was, Romio’s Pizza and Pasta

This is another restaurant that, caters to the gluten intolerant.  You can see their gluten free menu here. We have been looking for another restaurant to get some variety in our lunches. 

I was super happy when I took a look at their menu. Usually a gluten free menu means menu’s that avoid bread, noodles, and the other standard gluten containing ingredients. Romio’s has pizza, and most importantly, hoagie bread. Having grown up in Philly, I certainly enjoy and appreciate a good Philly cheese steak. 

When my cheese steak finally came out, I happy to find it was larger than I expected. I easily got two full meals out of it. It tasted great, and definitely reminded me of the cheese steaks I was used to back home. The bread was really good. It was slightly crunchy on the outside, but fluffy on the inside. My only complaint would be that it needed more steak. 

Kayleigh here. I would like to note that their website does not reflect the extent of gluten free options they had at their Factoria (Bellevue) location. Nearly every entrée they offer has a GF alternative- quite lovely to see such an unrestricted menu!

The gluten free bread that they use for their subs is actually an excellent sub roll in itself- hard on the outside, soft and pillowy on the inside. In fact, just a few weeks after we ate there, I found myself shifting around dinner plans last minute (REALLY last minute), and came to realize that I had sub ingredients sitting in front of me, with no form of bread in the house to couch them in! Frantically, I drove to Romio’s and asked if they could just sell the roll by itself. The hostess had a good laugh about my dilemma, and hooked me up with a fresh loaf- problem solved!

Overall, if you are missing the homey feeling of a quick in-and-out sub shop, take a trip to Romio’s! They’ve got quite a few booths if you are looking to dine in somewhere, and quick service if you prefer your meal to be more on-the-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment