Saturday, October 13, 2012

Eden B Bakery Review - Revisited!

EDIT- We are very sad to say, but Eden B. Bakery had to close its doors in October 2013. We have high hopes for the owner, Brooke, to continue helping out the gluten intolerant community in some way or another, so we can update this post again with some good news! 

UPDATE- The menu has changed, and changed again since this revisit! Their seasonal rotation provides a wonderful opportunity for us gluten-free lunch-seekers to enjoy sandwiches and sweet treats that really match the mood of the weather outside, and leave us with a better, brighter mood.


Jason here. Last weekend we had the great opportunity to have a sneak peek at Eden B. Bakery’s new fall menu. When our schedules match up, Kayleigh and I like to meet up for a bite to eat at lunch. Since I work nearby, Eden B. Bakery is our favorite place to go. So now that we have frequented the establishment on a fairly frequent basis, and they are unveiling a completely new fall menu, we thought it would be fun do a new review. The staff is still as wonderful as ever, and the shop itself hasn’t changed so we won’t go into detail there. What we will talk about is the delicious new menu.

Let’s jump right in.

I have a new favorite go to item. Out goes the oven roasted turkey. It comes the grilled pepper steak. Those who read the blog may already know that I love food with hot sauce. From the moment they announced the new steak sandwich was going to have franks hot sauce, I couldn’t stop smiling. I knew I had a found a new favorite and it did not disappoint. The grilled pepper steak is fantastic. It has fresh house-made onion rings, arugula, roasted red peppers, and franks red hot aioli. It tastes fantastic. It is slightly reminiscent of buffalo chicken cheese steaks I used to get when I lived near Philadelphia. I can’t wait to get back and enjoy my favorite buffalo taste again.

Kayleigh here. I admit, I might be a bit biased, since fall flavors are my favorite out of the year. But when I heard pumpkin and squash not once, but multiple times, I could not help but get excited! Ranging from the rich, flavorful Butternut Squash Soup, to the little chunks of squash and pumpkin seeds in the Cornucopia salad, to ending with the creamy, decadent Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cupcake, I don't think it will be hard to form new favorites. The standout to me, though, was the Roasted Autumn Veggie Sandwich. Eden B. Bakery has really outdone themselves, innovating on the classic Eggplant Parmesan tastes with the addition of roasted parsnips, butternut squash, leeks, and spinach. When is the last time you got to have parsnip in your sandwich? Well? It's about time- it just melded so beautifully with the provolone cheese, creating an amazing earthy contrast!

If you are interested, here is a link to our first review.

No comments:

Post a Comment