Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cheesecake Factory Review


Jason here. One of the restaurants I used to go to was The Cheesecake Factory. One of the things I love to order at restaurants is appetizers. In fact, most of the time I eat out, I order an appetizer as my main meal. The Cheesecake Factory has one of the most expansive menus at any restaurant I have been to, let alone the diverse appetizer menu. A great part about the Cheesecake Factory, is you get as fancy a meal as you would like, all for what I would consider a low cost.

I also thought that since they are a large chain, they would also be very gluten friendly. Unfortunately that was not entirely true. When I arrived I asked if they had an allergen menu, or a specific gluten free menu. At least at the Bellevue Square location, they did not have either. So I thought, alright maybe the regular menu calls out allergens. Again no such luck. When we sat at our table, there was an additional nutritional information menu/information pamphlet. No a single piece of allergen information in there. In fact, not a single piece of allergen information anywhere. I check online and found some sources which claim to have received allergen information after contacting their headquarters, and another source, that claimed to have pictures of the allergen menu which they uploaded. Maybe those were old, or maybe my store just did not have them, either way it was frustrating.

Luckily, the rest of the experience was very pleasant. Our waiter was very nice, and understanding when I asked her about a couple items if they were gluten free. With such an expansive menu, I certainly would never expect anyone to remember if any of the items were gluten free, so I completely understood when she said she would have to go back and ask. She quickly came back and told us my second choice of the New Orleans Shrimp was gluten free. As a side note, the waiter also constantly on top of things, refilling my drink as soon as I finished it, clearly my plate when I finished, etc.

The food was very good. It had shrimp, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, Andouille sausage, and served in a light sauce. I opted for the white rice side. The whole meal was filled with flavor, the sauce coating the entire dish, making it almost like a shallow soup. As a drink I highly recommend the strawberry lemonade. I must have had 3 or 4 refills that night. They are so sweet and refreshing.

Kayleigh here. It was rather relieving to find a good experience here, considering the memories we have of several Valentines Day double-dates through our college years. With hundreds of items on their menu, there are really even more entree options to finagle than most other GF-friendly restaurants can offer! And although they currently do not have an option to finish off the experience with a slice of gluten-free cheesecake, Jason and I remain optimistic about it. Really, it creates an excuse to go and seek dessert somewhere quieter, such as a Frozen Yogurt joint. But that is for another post, now isn't it?

The only other comment on the Cheesecake Factory would be that is was loud. This has little to do with the restaurant itself, as they do everything they possibly could to keep the volume low. It is simply a very busy restaurant, with a lot of people, so be aware If you plan on have a quiet talker with you. Other than that, the moral of this story is to give chains like this a chance- even if they don't have a menu on hand, the chef on shift should be knowledgeable enough to provide you a delicious and poison-free experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment