Thursday, October 9, 2014

Biscuit Bitch Review



EDIT 07/06/2015: We went back recently for lunch, and were told by the chefs that there was a big chance of cross contamination with the cooking surfaces here. I'm afraid that as long as this is the case, we can no longer recommend it for people that are gluten intolerant.

Jason here. Recently we had family visiting from out of town, and this time we decided take the underground tour. It was a lot of fun, and I recommend it. After the tour, while walking around we struck out at our first gluten free restaurant choice and had to quickly find another. Not too far away was Biscuit Bitch, so we opted to head there.

It’s a smaller restaurant, with only a few places for seating. When we visited it was packed, but we lucked out and discovered some empty seats just outside.

From what I could tell, every option on their menu could be made Gluten Free by substituting for a gluten free biscuit. It should be noted, that Biscuit Bitch calls out that they are not a dedicated gluten free bakery. I did not have any issues, and there are many more testimonials online to the same effect.

I ordered the Smokin’ Hot Seattle Bitch, which is a biscuit smothered in gravy, with hot sausage, cream cheese, and grilled onion. It comes in a large paper tray, filled to the brim. When I ordered I wasn’t really sure of the size, so receiving such a deep filled dish was fantastic.

What I loved most, was how much gravy was heaped on top of the biscuit. I love gravy, and I enjoyed it here with every single bite. The sausage had a spicy kick to them, just as promised. However, the gravy and sweet tasting onions helped counteract that. It was a nice blending of spicy and savory, just what I was looking for. The cream cheese was not with every bit, so for me it helped keep the meal interesting throughout.

Kayleigh here. While I was really intrigued with the Smokin’ Hot Seattle Bitch, I had to give their maple peanut butter a try. I got a biscuit with that and banana (basically a Royal Canadian Bitch without the bacon), and thoroughly enjoyed it. With the size of the biscuit and the light sweetness to it all, it was the perfect breakfast- or the perfect lunch for a breakfast lover. I definitely have to order something else next time I go, just to try one of their savory options!

Make sure you get a coffee along with it. You will have to order drinks at a separate counter (technically a separate restaurant name- Caffé Lieto), but you'll be waiting a few minutes for your order anyways, and they have several unique espresso drinks on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment