Saturday, November 24, 2012

Chilis review


Jason here. Most of the restaurants we have been reviewing are local to King County, WA. Whenever we travel, we are never sure where we can go. Friend and family always want to eat out, but we are unsure of where we can local that would be safe. Without prior research, that only leaves national chains. Recently we tried our luck at Chilis.

For those of you who have never been, it is a grill and bar type restaurant, with a tex-mex theme. It has a bustling atmosphere, but quieter than some of the louder of chain restaurants.

I’m happy to say they have a gluten free menu. In fact, they have allergen menus for Soy, Gluten, Milk, Nuts, Shellfish, fish, and egg. I can certainly appreciate a restaurant that has an official allergen menu, as it makes me feel safe eating the food. Unfortunately the menu is lacking in variety.

I found myself ordering the original ribs, with a side of loaded mashed potatoes. The ribs were good, with a tangy BBQ sauce which I enjoyed. The loaded mashed potatoes were also good, but were a little light on the toppings. Even worse, is that for appetizers you really don’t have any options. My table ordered the Bottomless Tostada Chips. While these should be gluten free, they are not listed on the gluten free menu. Most likely this is because they use the same deep fryer, so they are an eat at your own risk type food. I had a few myself, and felt fine afterwards.

Kayleigh here. I will say, Chili’s seems to know what it means to offer gluten free options. Your choices are definitely limited, but it is not a death spell if your friends decide they are in the mood for something more mainstream. And if nothing on there tickles your fancy, then you can always look to the extensive margarita menu, then check back to see if anything seems more appetizing.

All in all, Chilis will do in a pinch, but the lack of veriety and generally busy atmosphere would not make it my first go to resteraunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment